We are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher (2 years with the possibility of extension for a further 3 years) for the ERC-funded project Political Elites and Regime Change in the Middle East and North Africa: Accommodation or Exclusion (MENA-PERC), located at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa, Italy.
- Call (in Italian)
- UNOFFICIAL English translation
- …a PhD in Political Science and a promising early publication record;
- …excellent command of spoken and written English and working knowledge of Arabic, Turkish, or French; even better if you also speak Italian;
- …an interest in mixed-methods research on political elites combining fieldwork in Egypt, Tunisia, and Turkey with quantitative data analysis including survey and experimental research;
- …advanced knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative social science research methods and the motivation to deepen your knowledge of the type of methods you are less familiar with;
- …fieldwork experience in the MENA and/or knowledge of statistical programming in R.
- …contribute to the further development of the project and support the design of its individual components;
- …collect data, including through fieldwork missions to Egypt, Tunisia, and/or Turkey;
- …manage and analyze bot qualitative and quantitative data and co-author scientific publications with other members of the research team;
- …support the PhD students who will be part of the team as they develop their independent projects.
- …a competitive salary of up to EUR 26,500 p/a net, in addition to funding for research related travel;
- …the opportunity to shape the direction of the project and to further develop your research agenda and publication record as part of the project and individually;
- … dynamic intellectual environment in the project team as well as Scuola Sant’Anna more generally.
DEADLINE: 28 February 2023, online interviews in mid-March