The LSE Middle East Centre is seeking a part-time Office and Events Assistant to provide proactive and efficient administrative support for the day to day running of the Centre and its activities, as well as events, exhibitions and conferences in 2023.
The post will be based at the LSE Middle East Centre office in London and will report to Nadine Almanasfi, Events Coordinator.
Start Date: Week commencing 16 January 2023. The contract will run for 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
Hours: 7 hours a week. Days variable but will include Thursday. Some evening work will be required.
Pay: £18.35 – £20.48 p/hour (depending on experience).
Closing date for applications: 4 January 2023, 17.00 (UK time).
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Centre’s office including purchasing supplies, liaising with Estates, IT and Security teams at LSE where appropriate.
- Coordinating the Visiting Fellows programme, including inducting and supporting researchers throughout their stay.
- Managing the launch and day to day running of the MEC library, including promotion and advertisement as well as organisation such as issuing and renewing books, and updating the catalogue.
- Providing administrative and technical support to Centre colleagues.
- Assisting Events Coordinator with events, workshops and conferences.
- Strong organisational and time-keeping skills.
- Experience of administrative support work.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people person.
- Excellent IT capabilities.
- Experience in organising events
- Interest in Middle East Studies
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and short covering letter (500 words) to Nadine Almanasfi, LSE Middle East Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of application and are asked to confirm this in their covering letter.
Interviews will be held between 5-10 January 2023 in-person at the LSE.