The Beirut Urban Lab is looking to hire a lead research coordinator on a full-time basis starting September 15th, 2022. The lead research coordinator will be mainly responsible for leading the writing of grant proposals and reports, conceiving and supporting the organization of regular events for the Lab (conferences, seminars, and workshops), supporting writing projects of the Lab’s co-PIs, and mentoring the research team in academic writing.
- PhD in planning, social sciences, urban studies, or related fields.
- Publication record in refereed journals and/or recognized scholarly venues.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Fluent in English (French and Arabic are a plus)
The lead research coordinator will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Contribute to the identification of external funding sources, and lead in the writing of grant proposals.
- Provide intellectual and logistical support for ongoing research projects and publications.
- Develop and write concept notes for conferences and research projects.
- Research, write and prepare endowment proposal.
- Provide day-to-day advice, support, mentoring, and assistance to the research team.
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis, starting from July 15th, 2022. Candidates are required to send a letter of intent, CV, and a writing sample via email to Ms. Antonia Maria Bahna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Beirut Urban Lab, in line with the American University of Beirut, is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.