The ACRPS calls for applications for its fourth International Winter School. The Winter School is a 10-day annual forum that seeks to provide an in-depth and critical look at selected topics in the broader study of the Middle East and North Africa. It provides an opportunity for participants to network with international scholars, gain substantive knowledge and insight, and receive feedback from respected scholars. The theme of the fourth annual Winter School centres on “Political Culture Revisited: How Values Drive Politics”. We invite PhD researchers and early career scholars working on this topic to apply, especially those whose work applies the concept to the Arab region. This will be an in-person event, to be held in January 2023 at the Doha Institute for Graduate Studies, Doha, Qatar.
Click here to view full call announcement, concept note, and application process.
- Fill out the application form. This should be accompanied by a current CV and an abstract/research outline of the proposed paper you would bring to the winter school. The abstract should be no more than 500 words in length.
- It should also be accompanied by a letter of recommendation, the form for which is here. Please send the recommendation form to your referee and have them send it directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submitting research proposals is 18 September 2022.
- The Academic Committee will notify all applicants about the status of their applications by email.
- Successful applicants should submit complete drafts of papers, between 5,000 and 8,500 words in length, 30 days before the conference begins. Submitted drafts must follow the ACRPS guidelines. Please send all relevant materials to: email@example.com.
* Funding is available for travel expenses on a competitive basis, and accommodation is provided for all participants.